Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 34 weeks today and the baby is still transverse. Sometimes he flips into more of what feels like a breech position but is usually still diagonal. I've been using my birth ball for sitting on, doing pelvic tilts and inversions. Since our car died I can't think of any possible way for me to get to a chiropractor for the multiple trips the Webster technique would take.<br><br>
I realize that there is still plenty of time for him to turn head down and that it is also still possible for me to have an external versions closer to my due date but I can't escape this terrible fear that I'll end up with a c-section. I don't think that my DH realizes how devastating that would be for me. All he sees is how wonderful it is that science can save me from a terrible fate. *sigh* Just reading over the chapter about c-sections in one of my books yesterday made me burst into tears.<br><br>
I realize that having a healthy baby at the end is what is ultimately important but one of the reasons I wanted to have a third child was to go through the process of giving birth again. It's incredibly important to me not just because I know it's better for us both but because my heart is so strongly set on having another natural vaginal birth.<br><br>
I don't want to go into the Holidays with this hanging over my head. I keep telling myself that they'll be able to turn him later and he'll stay or that he can turn on his own before then or even during labor. It just seems impossible to let go of this worry. Every time I feel his little round head up near my ribs my heart drops a little and I don't want to be surrounding him with that kind of emotion. He deserves for me to be happy and excited right now.

·
Registered
505 Posts
hugs for you. i hope that baby flips, engages and comes out smoothly. i was breech and my mother had a vaginal birth with me. i guess that was before c-sections became more routine. are c-sections automatic now with all transverse and/or breech presentations?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As I understand it transverse babies are impossible to deliver vaginally. If he turns breech I'll transfer to a doctor I know delivers breech babies (there aren't many).

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'm the exact gestation as you, and I'm not sure of my baby's position. I know it's hard not to worry about position (because I find myself worrying too) but we still have a few more weeks to change position before it will be an "issue". Certainly don't allow yourself to start accepting a CS now! You're body has positioned 2 babies already- and you've given birth vaginally. That tells me your baby will turn. And yes, transverse can NOT be delivered vaginally. Anyway- keep doing what you're doing, birth ball, inversions, visualization, etc.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm certainly not accepting a c/s now it was more like trying to prepare myself for the possibility and getting completely upset over it.<br><br>
My second baby was transverse as well and I had a successful version with her somewhere around 37 weeks. There must just be something wrong with me and the shape of my pelvis or uterus though I don't remember it ever being an issue with the first baby.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts