Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure a lot of woman here don't like the Discovery Health Channel (I have seen it posted a time or two) but I saw a great show last night and it had me in tears.

This mother decided for her second child she wanted a water birth in nature. They spent weeks finding the perfect spot. Anyways, she ended up birthing in a pool of sea water. The baby literaly came out swimming, it gave me goose bumps. I was wondering if anyone else had seen this episode? It came on last nigh in NC, I think it was called "Amazing Births" or something, there were a ton of ladies who gave birth at home and in cars by accident.

Anywho... just thought I would share with some mommas that might understand how beautiful something like this would be.

Oh, they also had a midwife come just in case, but he didn't intervein at all, he was just there to check on the baby afterwards, or if the mother wanted any help.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
I saw that, too! The whole show was pretty amazing.

There is one on tonight--I don't know if it is Discovery Health or TLC or what, but it is called Unconvential Births, or something like that. I am planning on watching! Hope it is positive and not some sort of freak-show mentality.

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just watched the Unconventional Births. It was really good. Of course I cried.
They were very positive and the births were treated with a lot of respect.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts