Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering what everyone has experienced in prior births? I am planning a homebirth for this baby if all goes as planned. I think this time I will actually birth at home as opposed to the midwife's office. We had a tiny house before and two dogs and my teenage stepson in the house so I was quite grateful for the opportunity to go somewhere else.

My first baby was born at 40 weeks 5 days after a swift 6 hours of labor. I sent my husband to work that day thinking I would just cook and clean and do my prego thing. I loved the end of pregnancy and knowing that it could happen any minute! It was so exciting. Around 3 or so my dear friend stopped by with her 1 month old and we chatted about things and I mentioned that I had had a few contractions here and there but nothing major. I kept sorta pushing through them but at one point I had to stand up and lean on the furniture. I will NEVER forget her saying, "Love, I don't want to tell you how to do you but I am pretty sure you are in labor." Ha! What a riot. She hung out with me until my husband (then boyfriend) got home and she was like, "SEEEE YA!" I labored for a few hours at home but I had so much pooping and bleeding that the midwife asked me to come down for a check. She checked me and I was 5cm and she was able to stretch me to 7cm. We went home, my man got a shower, I yelled profanities excessively in the yard and around 9:20pm we left our house and headed to my midwife's office which is basically a house a few miles away. I can remember saying to my partner, "I have to poop SO BAD." LOL!! We got to the office a few minutes later, I rushed upstairs and turned on the tub and by 9:55 was ready. I said to my midwife, "I really feel like I need to push." She checked me and gave me the go ahead. After 20 minutes I was holding my baby boy in my arms and was so relieved. I was so proud of myself. I managed to crack jokes and remain loving the whole time. It was a great birth experience!

What are you hoping for? What were your previous births like? Do you hope for anything different or the same this time around?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am wondering what everyone has experienced in prior births? I am planning a homebirth for this baby if all goes as planned. I think this time I will actually birth at home as opposed to the midwife's office. We had a tiny house before and two dogs and my teenage stepson in the house so I was quite grateful for the opportunity to go somewhere else.

My first baby was born at 40 weeks 5 days after a swift 6 hours of labor. I sent my husband to work that day thinking I would just cook and clean and do my prego thing. I loved the end of pregnancy and knowing that it could happen any minute! It was so exciting. Around 3 or so my dear friend stopped by with her 1 month old and we chatted about things and I mentioned that I had had a few contractions here and there but nothing major. I kept sorta pushing through them but at one point I had to stand up and lean on the furniture. I will NEVER forget her saying, "Love, I don't want to tell you how to do you but I am pretty sure you are in labor." Ha! What a riot. She hung out with me until my husband (then boyfriend) got home and she was like, "SEEEE YA!" I labored for a few hours at home but I had so much pooping and bleeding that the midwife asked me to come down for a check. She checked me and I was 5cm and she was able to stretch me to 7cm. We went home, my man got a shower, I yelled profanities excessively in the yard and around 9:20pm we left our house and headed to my midwife's office which is basically a house a few miles away. I can remember saying to my partner, "I have to poop SO BAD." LOL!! We got to the office a few minutes later, I rushed upstairs and turned on the tub and by 9:55 was ready. I said to my midwife, "I really feel like I need to push." She checked me and gave me the go ahead. After 20 minutes I was holding my baby boy in my arms and was so relieved. I was so proud of myself. I managed to crack jokes and remain loving the whole time. It was a great birth experience!

What are you hoping for? What were your previous births like? Do you hope for anything different or the same this time around?
I am praying we are able to have a birth center birth. We live a little too far from a hospital to do a homebirth, otherwise that's what I'd want.

My 3 previous labors were all hospital labors. I was induced with my first at 36+4 for IUGR. I was induced with my second at 39+2 for high blood pressure. My third was a spontaneous labor, augmented with pit. This time around I am more educated and hoping for a whole different experience. My labors were all relatively easy, even with med. intervention. Praying we'll have a good experience this time.

I hope you get your homebirth!

·
Registered
14 Posts
What a lovely birthing story! Thanks for sharing ? My two were both born naturally into water. I was so lucky not to need any interventions but I filled my head with Ina May's positive birth stories which was such a great help. If you expect it to go well it's much more likely to. If you're freaked out and think it'll be the worst thing in the world, it will more likely turn out that way!!! My 2nd was born at home with a team of amazing women and midwives. It was truly wonderful! All my creature comforts around me and no nosey obs looking for problems!!! Can't recommend home births enough if you can do it.

Good luck bringing your next little miracle into the world!! ?? xxx

·
Registered
441 Posts
I have four kids and had the last three in a free standing birth center in the water, 3. 5 hours, 3 hours, 2rs 15 minutes...we just moved to Maine and no birth center around so homebirth for me I am SO excited about it! I am interviewing midwives now. I LOVE this one group with three midwives and 2 NDs plus message therapist in office. BU they are like an hour away from and I birth fast, when it begins, it rolls so I am worried they wouldn't make it in time. Not that it is such a big deal, as I think I'd be okay anyway. I dont' ally need anyone to do anything until baby is in my arms anyway. the one complication is that we suspect twins this time...MAYYYYBE, my hcg numbers are really high and doubling FAST, which indicates possible twins, although it might not be. If wins, no homebirth for me :(( bUT we'd be thrilled with Twins! Even my teen is excited about it, which is weird but awesome.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What a lovely birthing story! Thanks for sharing ? My two were both born naturally into water. I was so lucky not to need any interventions but I filled my head with Ina May's positive birth stories which was such a great help. If you expect it to go well it's much more likely to. If you're freaked out and think it'll be the worst thing in the world, it will more likely turn out that way!!! My 2nd was born at home with a team of amazing women and midwives. It was truly wonderful! All my creature comforts around me and no nosey obs looking for problems!!! Can't recommend home births enough if you can do it.

Good luck bringing your next little miracle into the world!! ?? xxx
I love Ina May! I was channeling her hard! What is your plan for this baby? Also a homebirth?

·
Registered
8,956 Posts
Oh how fun! I'm planning on another homebirth (this will be my 3rd) . DD was born at home on land, at 39+3 and DS was born at home in the water on his EDD. <3
I'm putting my order in now for one that just falls out. DD took 12+ hours of active labor, DS took about 4 hours. Maybe I'll get lucky and #3 will be my super fast wildcard? :smile: I can hope!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh how fun! I'm planning on another homebirth (this will be my 3rd) . DD was born at home on land, at 39+3 and DS was born at home in the water on his EDD. <3
I'm putting my order in now for one that just falls out. DD took 12+ hours of active labor, DS took about 4 hours. Maybe I'll get lucky and #3 will be my super fast wildcard? :smile: I can hope!
:rotflmao . That's too funny about one that just falls out. Haha. I am totally thinking this one will be a total breeze! :) Do you do anything different with your DS that you felt made things go faster?

All of the bleeding I have been having has made me want to take lots of baths. It has been nice because it has made me realize I need to go to my midwife's office again. I already fill our tub up too much. If I'm 9 months pregnant it will probably fill up with like 3 cups of water. Her tub is SWEEEEEET.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.