Mothering Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"><span style="font-family:calibri;">Is anyone taking vitamins specifically for birth preparation? Does anyone know the difference between Dr. Christopher’s Birth preparation and Polly Jeans Antepartum 5-week formula? Can anyone recommend one or the other?  </span></span></p>

·
Registered
154 Posts
<p>I'm taking 5W by Nature's Sunshine (I think that's the company name) beginning Jan 1.  It's supposed to help my body get ready, as it supports the glandular and female reproductive systems, with the idea that I might be closer to my guess date than I was with my first two (3 weeks late and 11 days late, respectively), just for my own peace of mind.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm also supposed to start taking Evening Primrose Oil (helps produce prostaglandins) for the same purpose.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Never heard of the other two preparations you mentioned.</p>

·
Registered
15 Posts
<p>I'm not taking a vitamin, but I will start drinking Red Rasberry Leaf tea (starting Jan 1). It helps strengthen the uterine wall, making delivery easier & speedier.</p>

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
<p>I've taken Dr. Christopher's before the first time upon my midwife's reccomendation and the second time because I really (emotionally) needed to do something proactive to avoid going another week overdue... I haven't decided this time... I have always had speedy labors so I may just skip it, but I do know that 40 week feeling is not so hot either (and 41+ even less so...)</p>

·
Registered
901 Posts
<p>I will probably start Gentle Birth (by Mountain Meadow Herbs) at 36 weeks, but I'm not sure yet.  I'll also be taking RRL and EPO as soon as I get them.</p>

·
Premium Member
5,391 Posts
<p>I'm thinking of taking evening primrose oil capsules again. I took them the last month with DD2 and her birth was quick and relatively easy (it was hard and intense but looking back on it and comparing to DD1's her birth was 100 times easier and DD1's recovery from birth was 100 times easier.) I'm debating stating on St Johns Wort either right before or right after birth, I need to do some research first, I have a history of depression and depression meds don't really work on me (they cause me to go even deeper into depression unless they are really powerful and those you can't take while breastfeeding) but St Johns Wort works pretty well for it.</p>
<p>I need to get better at taking my vitamins since Im terrible at it. They make me so sick still, Ive started taking children's chewables (without iron) because they are the only ones I can keep down.</p>

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<p>OkiMom--I have found that vitamin B12 complex is a fantastic mood lifter! Have you thought of having your placenta encapsulated? That is also great for preventing the baby blues.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Now I am looking at Gentle Birth rather than Dr. Christophers--has anyone used Gentle Birth?</p>

·
Registered
379 Posts
<p>Anyone know where one can get these in Canada?</p>

·
Premium Member
5,391 Posts
<p>I haven't tried B12 but I will. With the move so soon (we are doing an international move 2 months after the baby comes) I don't think I could handle another thing and when I mentioned it to my husband I got a "thats disgusting why would you do that?". I don't know if its worth the extra stress.. Im hoping since Im in a much better mental place now (before the birth) this time Ill be in a better place after the birth..</p>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts