Mothering Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trevor was born on Saturday afternoon. He is my smallest baby at 8lbs , 20 inches.

I started having contractions early that morning, at one point they were 2 minutes apart but not intense enough to pause my muffin making. Once my muffins were in the oven I sat down and contractions basically stopped. So as soon as DH was up I went to take a nap. I wasn't even fully awake from my nap when I felt something slid out, I raced to the bathroom were a large blood clot fell into the toilet. It really freaked me out because I had not had any bleeding/bloody show for several days. We got my mom over to watch the other kids and we ran to the hospital. Baby looked good on the monitor and it turns out I was dilated to 5/6 cm but not contracting more than a few times an hour. We decided I better stay, although I'm sure contractions would have picked up again that afternoon I was afraid we would not get back to the hospital in time. We waited for the midwife to come break my water, and waited some more for contractions to pick up. Still not much of anything so we decided to start some pitocin, not my ideal situation. Contractions started to come closer and after being on pitocin for 15-20 minutes contractions felt like they were on top of each other. At that point I was getting really hot and figured I was in transition and I really needed to pee. After I emptied my bladder I could feel the urge to push. I managed to get back to the bed and had my baby probably 5 minutes later. Total time in the hospital was about 5 hours, total time with steady contractions was less than an hour.

We have been struggling a little with a good latch but I think we will figure it out soon. Other than that things have been great and my other kids are loving the new baby.

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
Awww! He is, of course, absolutely perfect! Thank you for sharing your birth story ♡

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Thanks for sharing, he's perfect!

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
:love

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
DDCC from July ~ look at that cute little nose! Do all of your kids share a similar nose? Mine don't which I always thought was funny. :) My last baby was also 8 lbs and 20". :D Nice size...

I love how you got the muffins in the oven while in labor. :love I'm amazed you got to the toilet just before baby was born and didn't give birth while you sat down!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
DDCC from July ~ look at that cute little nose! Do all of your kids share a similar nose? Mine don't which I always thought was funny. :) My last baby was also 8 lbs and 20". :D Nice size...

I love how you got the muffins in the oven while in labor. :love I'm amazed you got to the toilet just before baby was born and didn't give birth while you sat down!
I'm not sure about the nose (I would have to look at their baby pictures) I do know that they all have looked very similar, I think it's the hair and cheeks.

I didn't have to push before I got to the bathroom but I admit sitting there leaning against the handrail was the most comfortable I had been since the pitocin kicked in, the only thing that got me to move was really not wanting to have a baby in the toilet bowl. I think it might have been one of the hardest things I've had to do in a long time, walking through those contractions.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts