Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I've really been working on optimal positioning, honestly, avoiding reclining, hands and knees, etc. Kid's been back and forth, left for a while, then right for a long while, then sliding back and forth easily, now once again perched on the right. I'm pretty sure he's picked his position to stay in now at 39 weeks. Otherwise he's in a good position. My guess is that it has to do with my chiropractic problems, his right side preference. My chiro's been working on them, but they just keep flaring up. Or, perhaps the kid has his own reasons for being on the right. I've obsessed about it too long, and now I'm pretty sure I can't do anything about it.

But what I do want to know -- what should I do during labor to try to keep him from going posterior? He's been anterior most of the time, sometimes straight up OA, even through I have an anterior placenta. I don't think he particularly WANTS to be posterior, but I want to know what I can do to help him out. Anyone know? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
If he's on your right side he is pretty likely to turn postier on his way towards LOA. That may not be such a bad thing. Babies turn during labor and that's a good thing! I understand the concern to not want to birth a baby postier, but MOST babies are born LOA, but that doesn't mean they start there!

I wouldn't worry about it too much. there's not much you can do if the baby wants to be there... he probably has a good reason. I'm sure he'll find his way out!

·
Registered
141 Posts
I had problems with this in with my third. He was always on my right then left and back and forward and most of my hips problems are on the right so it seemed weird he was always on that side. I also had an anterior placenta and prayed that he didnt got posterior during labour. I had a 7hr labour and he moved to all different positions all through it and ended up coming out ROA with no problems. Maybe there favour one side more than the other? Who knows!

·
Registered
7,110 Posts
my baby was hitting my right side to- for me it took a long time to go into labor- because she was not putting the most pressure on my cervix. We thought she would be posterior- but she was not. she was 12 days past edd- and perfectly healthy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.