Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone made one? I was thinking of using a big piece of flannel with elastic to hold it on. Could I use a big piece of square flannel or would that be too bulky? Do I need to try to find fabric wide enough to make a circle before adding my elastic? How do I measure to know how much material I need? Thanks!
Brook

·
Registered
632 Posts
I actually used a crib sheet that did not match the kids room.
to me it was more girly than neutral.
I stretched it around the ball, pinned so it was fitted, then sllid it off the ball and sewed the seams up.
I kept it drawstring close for easier changing.
It felt much better than using a bath towel to cover its
coldness lol lol

but i think i might try french terry this time. In which I will probably just make 1 big ole square then seam it the same

·
Registered
632 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mama Bee
I was also thinking that hemp fleece might be nice.... a little pricey, though, kwim? Thanks for the info! Anyone else have any thoughts?

Actually imo it would be worth the extra touch. I used my bb to replace my pc chair when i got to umcomfy and during labor and also used it pp.
So in total I used it for about 4 weeks. I say if you are planning on more kids definately go for the gold

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
I love the beanbag chair copy idea, that is great. I thought about making one for my ball for my last birth, but I didn't figure it out in time. But that is basically what they look like on the site where I bought my ball.

If you are going to make the investment for a nice cover to use forever, consider the stain factor. A dark fleece or flannel might be a good idea. You also might want to give different textures a trial run, especially if you are like me and become hypersensitive during labor.
And the cover I saw had a handle too, I liked that feature as well.

Cool. Post pics when you are done.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is probably our last birth so I think I'm going to go for easy as a main objective. However, your point, Kari Mom, about sensitivity is well taken!

I was looking at bean bag design and they seem to have seams running lengthwise all around the ball. I'm thinking seams, sensitive parts... maybe not so much. I read somewhere else (this is the brief version) though about making a circle for the top part, sewing it to a square piece and then sewing elastic to the bottom of the square to gather the fabric into ball shape, kwim? Did that make any sense at all? Anyway, I'll let you guys know how it turns out!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.