Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
I went on a maternity tour there. We are expecting our first child this December. My husband was impressed with the place. He likes the fact that the hospital can be ready for the possibility of any eventuality. I thought it was an acceptable alternative to "traditional" birth, until I started researching. I think I found some reviews on Mommy Poppins. Basically what gave me pause about SLR is the fact that if they simply have no room in the Birthing Center you end up in a traditional birthing room attended by the nurses and doctors on that floor. What turned me away from SLR is the doctor's office. While Dr. Paka was extremely professional and sweet, her receptionist was not. Every time I tried to ask a simply question her response was one of ignorance. (Basically she's just there to answer the phones, don't ask her to do anything else lest you offend her sensibilites.) Then there was the waiting to see the doctor. I had two twelve o'clock appointments. I ended up seeing the doctor at 1:15 the first time, and the next time I waited two hours for barely 10 minutes of the staff's time. And the mid- wife dared to tell me not to go too long without eating. Good Luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.