Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,<br>
I am from Huntingburg Indiana and I was wondering if anyone knows of birthing centers close. We are about 5 minutes from Jasper and about a hour from Evansville.<br>
Shannon

·
Registered
289 Posts
I've been told by midwives and doulas the only two are in Indianapolis and Muncie. They're related to each other--they share midwives. We go to the Indianapolis one (a little over an hour's drive without traffic), and I have felt very comfortable there thus far and am glad we've chosen them. I was hoping for a home birth, but that was even harder to find than a birth center in our area!

·
Registered
793 Posts
There is one in Goshen also (though Fairhaven OBGYN). Cant' remember the website...

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
I don't know of any freestanding birth centers. The Birth Place at Dunn Hospital in Bedford is called a "birth center" but it's just a L&D wing in the hospital IMO.<br><br>
I know of homebirth midwives, but no birth centers. You might try posting in the Kentucky section of FYT, maybe some Kentuckians would know of a birth center somewhere over the state line.<br><br>
GL...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts