Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I think my daughter bit her lip and probably also the inside of her cheek while she was still numb from the novocaine she got during her fillings.

She says that she is not in pain. But she is unable to open her mouth wide. I can't see anything inside her mouth but her lip is whitish where she must have bitten it.

I knwo when this happened to me I took B complex which helped. IS there any such thing as children's B complex? Or is there anything else she can do to help this heal properly? IS there any chance of infection?

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Gosh, my son did a number on his lip when he was numb.

It looked like he got punched in the lip.
I just tried to give him popsicles. And it ended up healing on its own.
I was concerned as you are as it looked painful and awful.

Sending get better vibes to you dd.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
popsicles are good. at least i feel like i am doing something

i think it is not getting worse, so it will get better.
thanks for the
i needed it!

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
much better, thank you

Just a little white area, much smaller than before. While brushing today it bled a little. She still wants to brush very gently on that side so I dont know if the inside of her cheek is still sensetive too. But I am not worried now.

Fortunately we have a 2 week break before going for apts 3 &4. I hope somehow we can avoid the lip biting these rounds!

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Oh I am so glad she is feeling better!
Last time my sons pediatric dentist used a novacaine which wears off alot faster. My son HATES the numb feeling and was very upset about it so I asked what they could do.
It worked and after about 15 mins after leaving it was not numb anymore.

Maybe ask about that?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.