Mothering Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>Well we went through the nursing and biting stage around 5 months and it is pretty much done.  However in the past few weeks ds has started biting me on the leg while I'm working in the kitchen, biting my shoulders or arm when holding him, or biting my back while in the ergo.  He also head butts in the face (OUCH!) and smacks in the face.  This is all accompanied by gleefu;l giggling and laughter, and his response to NO! DON'T BITE! and being put down escalates the game and he will follow me to bite, smack, headbutt some more.  How oh how to I get him the message that it hurts, I do not like it, and will not tolerate it???  I sooooo don't want to spank this baby, but I'm at a loss, he really does think it's funny.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Also, I am the only person he does this to, not dad, not gramma.  Any explainations on that one?  I do know that kiddos will tend to try stuff with mom that they won't with anyone else, but I am tired of being a punching bag and do not plan on allowing this behavior to continue into toddlerhood, no matter what I have to do.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Is he too young for brief "time outs"?  I have a playpen that never gets used that I have considered setting up for this.  It seems the only thing that really registers as sucky to him is isolation from me and his toys.  I don't want to use the crib b/c I do not want him to have negative sleep associations.</p>

1 - 1 of 1 Posts