Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>8 month old DD has begun biting my nipples HARD over the last two weeks. She has had teeth for two months, and I think she probably has some teeth getting ready to pop through on top sometimes soon.  Generally, she only seems to bite when she's not really all that hungry and is more interested in playing.  I generally tell her no and take the boob away.  If she really is hungry or tired I will offer it again a minute later.  The problem is that when I say no and unlatch her (through clenched teeth sometimes OWWWW!) she laughs. She thinks it is a very funny game. I have on occasion yelled out of surprise, and she giggles at that too - she doesn't ever seem startled. I really don't want to encourage this behavior, and I find that more and more I am bracing myself when she nurses - I still love nursing her, but it's definitely a bit less relaxing than it was before the biting.  Anyone have any insight into how to discourage this behavior? </p>

·
Registered
228 Posts
<p>Sadly, no. DD is turning a year in a week and she is biting worse than ever (and has ten teeth!) I stop nursing when it happens, but she also finds it hilarious. She's also been biting my arms/feet/etc. quite a bit, too. It's worse when she's teething but she'll do it anytime because watching mama shriek is terrific fun.</p>
<p> </p>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts