Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<span>x-posted because I really don't know where it belongs and I really need some advice!</span><br><br>
hi there, i need advice. I'm HBACing soon with lovely midwives, though for understandable reasons they don't get into herbs. So I have some black and blue cohosh tincture that a friend sent me from the UK as I am worried about labour stalling. They are fine with me self-prescribing though<br><br>
Can you tell me in what situations you would use each and how much you would use?<br><br>
If it helps you to know my last HB turned CS because my breech baby didn't arrive after 48 hours, though my midwives (different ones) thought I had dilated after 36 hours, it appeared at hospital that I hadn't.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I used black and blue cohosh tinctures to induce when facing the threat of induction (for totally unnecessary reasons, i should add!!!). After alot of research, I felt safe and confident in doing this, and would do it again if I needed to. Here is what I did:<br><br>
First hour: 5 drops of Black Cohosh tincture, 5 drops of Blue Cohosh tincture every twenty minutes. I mixed in a tablespoon or two of lemonade...it tastes bad!<br>
Second hour: 10 drops of Black Cohosh tincture, 10 drops of Blue Cohosh, every twenty minutes.<br>
Third hour: 15 drops of Black Cohosh tincture, 15 drops of Blue Cohosh tincture, every twenty minutes.<br><br>
Contractions did not start or pick up immediately for me. I eventually stopped the tinctures and went to bed. I woke up several hours later with strong contractions, and then gave birth hours after that. HTH!<br><br>
ETA: After the third hour, just continue with 15 drops every 20 minutes for another 2-3 hours.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts