Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have spent the last 4 days on the couch, alternating between sleeping and eating. No joke. That means I called in to work Thurs. and Fri.

I am *dreading* going back to work tomorrow.

I feel like a total slug. My morning sickness isn't really that bad. Just general queasiness. (Thank God because I suffered from HG with my first so I know how bad it can be).

I'm just sooooooooo blaaaaaaahhhhhh.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Me too! I think I may have to limit my MDC time to 15 minutes a day max. I'm getting nothing done! The queasiness is not helping at all, but I should probably enjoy this time in case it takes a turn for the worse and I get really sick.

·
Premium Member
2,042 Posts
I swear that FtMPapa "is a slug" was my FaceBook status yesterday afternoon.

The fatigue, oh, the fatigue.

I'm really glad for it, though. It tells me that the progesterone is working, that I'm exhausted and the bean is sticking to the pole.

My friend's midwife says that growing a baby in the first trimester is as much work as climbing a mountain when you're sitting still. I don't know that the science holds, but the analogy seems apt to me.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have also been totally useless! I started napping in the middle of the day when my DD napped this past week (and I am usually not a napper at all) and it made a huge difference to my energy level. Then my DH let me sleep in both mornings this weekend too, which was so nice.

Of course, today I have much more energy and now I'm worried something's wrong -- just can't win! I was really queasy yesterday and today not so much -- yet again something to worry about. Oh so silly...and stressful!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I don't think I left the couch for more than 30 minutes total on Saturday. So I hear you.

I don't know how I dragged my ass into work today. I definitely almost lost my cookies on the bus ride in. :p

·
Registered
371 Posts
Oh good. I've forgotten how desperately sleepy feels like. You'd think with 5 kids, 3-12 I'd feel desperately sleepy more often, but I don't.

Yawn. I could use a nap already.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Glad to know I'm not the only one!

I did drag myself to work today (barely) and I'm working on mini breakfast #3 (oatmeal) hoping to keep queasies at bay.

I wonder if any of my cubicle mates would mind if I brought in a pillow and blanket for mid day napping during lunch break. Oh how I wish I had a private office lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.