Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are headed to hot and sticky New Hampshire in under 2 weeks! We will be there for 10 days total. I tend to be HOT anyway in the summer and I am not fond of humidity.

I have 2 Kozy Carriers and I love them but I get HOT in them on very warm days. I just learned about the blanketless mei tais last night and I am thinking I need one. (Some people are addicted to cloth diaper acquisition, I seem to have a real problem with baby carriers!)

The thing is, I don't know which is best. These are the two I've heard of... Any reviews would be greatly appreciated. Also, if you know of another one that's great - please point me in that direction.

http://www.nineacres.com/mei-tai-convertible.cfm

http://www.lovewrap.com/script/strap1.aspx

Tai One On is definitely less expensive... Just wondering if there's any quality difference.

TIA for your advice!
Jenn
:

·
Registered
972 Posts
I have the Tai One On and it works well for me and my older son. It is comfortable for me and him and he is able to look all around. It isn't hot at all to wear.

I looked at the site for the other carrier you listed and if my reading of their description is correct then the Tai One On and the Mai Tai Convertable are two very different carriers. Although i have the Tai One On the other carrier sounds like it is a very nice one. (now you have me interested in it). IMO though either one you buy would fit the need for a cooler carrier for you and DC.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
I also think that either one would work for you. The Tai One On is great for older babies and if you can work a wrap at all then these are a breeze. I've heard good things about them and have one myself that I'm just starting to try with my 7 mos old. The padding in them is great for their little legs and for your shoulders. She has some cute fabrics too if that matters at all.

I've heard good things about the other one as well. I think it might be a bit faster to put on since you're used the mei tai style. Her colors are limited if that matters.

Good luck deciding-but you're probably safe with either one.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the feedback. I decided to go with the 9 Acres one since I know how to tie that one. I sure hope it arrives in time for my trip on 6.24!!

Jenn
:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts