Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP! I'm bleeding pink all of a sudden at 16 weeks. I took a bath with DD and after as soon as I put my undies on I had a gush of pink blood. And I'm freaking out. I have a doppler and the HB sounds good and I can hear the baby moving around. Since the first gush, there hasn't been much more, it's more spotting now. I've already called my doc and I'm going in at 2:15. What the heck could this be? I've been freaking out about this pregnancy all along because my last pregnancy ended in a loss. And this isn't helping.

HELP! I'm scared.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Have you had sex or a vaginal exam? Alot of times you'll get pink tinged discharge after either b/c it of the little blood vessels on the surface of the cervix.

I hope everything is fine and you get the reassurance you need from your appointment. Try to stay calm and take it easy until then.

Christa

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
with my oldest i had bleeding off and on due to a low lying placenta. everything was fine and my placenta eventually got to where it should be as well.

hang in there mama.

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by chrissy View Post
with my oldest i had bleeding off and on due to a low lying placenta. everything was fine and my placenta eventually got to where it should be as well.

hang in there mama.
: I had that too, but with my youngest. It was scary but everything ended up fine.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I too, had bleeding about that time due to a low lying placenta but it eventually went back up. I just called my OB and she did an u/s and diagnosed it. Baby was ok though.....went on to have a healthy birth and shes now 14mths old
HUGS momma~

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I know how scary that can be. A little over a week ago I had a sudden gush of red blood, followed by a couple of days of red/brown discharge, and more gushes. It was diagnosed as a subchorionic hematoma and I've been on bedrest since then. You might want to take it easy until you can get in. I hope everything turns out fine for you!

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
I had red bleeding at 20 weeks following extremely gentle intercourse, that was heavy enough to need a pad, so even though we were having a UP we went in to get checked. The first thing I thought of was placenta, either abruption or previa. The exam showed that my cervical polyp (a benign little guy whose been a squatter on my cervix for years) had started bleeding. Because pregnancy makes everything there so vascular and engorged, it's pretty common for that to happen, and it is very much nothing to worry about.

Listen to your instincts!

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys.

I have an u/s scheduled for tomorrow. I'm still spotting a little but the baby's heart still sounds good by doppler.

I'll let you know how it goes! I'm totally freaking out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.