Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends. I'm wondering if any of you have any wisdom to share on this. I am 29 weeks pg & have had some bleeding for a couple of days. The first time it was bright red, not a lot, but enough to be alarming. No cramping or pain. I called my OB, who assessed situation & recommended bed rest for rest of day & to come in if it got worse. The next day there was some light spotting still so I went to the hospital to be evaluated - no signs of labor so they sent me home w/no activity restrictions. Now it has fully stopped & I feel perfectly fine. I am wondering why this happened (there was no precipitating factors that I know of, i.e. internal exam, sex) & if i need to limit my regualr activity in any way. I am pretty active, especially since I am chasing two children under 4 around all day. Any insight would be appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
18,562 Posts
Have you had an u/s to rule out placenta previa? Sometimes that causes bleeding, and if you have that your doctor/midwife should be aware of it because they will have to take precautions during the delivery. Hope you find out what it is soon!

Darshani

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had an us at 18 weeks, but not since. All looked good. Could I develop placenta previa later in pregnancy? I also read about placenta abruption (or something like that) that could cause bleeding & complications.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.