Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I post that in this section?<br>
My guy rarely gets a diaper rash and yesterday he had a poop and I changed him almost right away. When I was wiping his bum it was bleeding a bit in places where the poo had been.<br>
I put Burt's Bees bum cream on but is ok to put it on when the skin is open? What else can I do?

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I would use Lansinoh, the same thing you use for nipples while breastfeeding. Keep open to the air. I put a cloth prefold on very loosely and it is just enough to catch the pee, keep an eye out and change immediately. Don't use disposable baby wipes. Use a soft cloth with warm water and soap each time he has a bm to remove all the bacteria. Plain water if fine for pee.<br><br>
When he is not active lay him bare from the waist down on a stack of prefolds or even towels with a waterproof pad on the bottom. You can cover him with a light blanket if you are worried he is cold.<br><br>
It is fine to co-sleep this way without a diaper too.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you.<br>
The only problem is that he's never still. He's just started walking so keeping him in one place is impossible. I think I'll barricade the kitchen off and he can run around in there to get some air on his bum.<br>
We use pocket diapers but I'm wondering if cotton agains his skin would be better than a synthetic. I do have some prefolds, I will dig them out.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
You might try Triple Paste. Someone here at MDC recommended it and I tried it after a bunch of different creams. It was like magic for my daughter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts