Mothering Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started bleeding yesterday late in the afternoon and now I am bleeding heavily, exactly like a period. I am so sad, but I also don't know absolutely for sure that this is a miscarriage. I have talked to my midwife, and she told me that if it is a miscarriage the bleeding will continue and increase, which it is. We also talked about the possibility of testing my HCG today and Saturday for a confirmation. I am 5 and 1/2 weeks pregnant.

I know some of you have been through this and I am so sorry for your losses. Any advice or information would be welcome.

The hardest part is the thought of telling my sweet children. They are so excited about the new baby.

· Registered
614 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by CherryBomb View Post
I'd get a couple hcg checks. Praying everything is okay!
This.

· Premium Member
2,038 Posts

Do check the hcG, it is possible to have bleeding, even heavy bleeding with cramps, and still be pregnant.

Be gentle with yourself.

· Registered
1,450 Posts
I'm so sorry that you have to go through this scary time. I will be thinking of you and your family and I hope your hcg check reveals good news.

· Registered
2,157 Posts
I'm really sorry that you're going through this.
The pregnancy and birth loss board was really helpful to me during my m/c. People there are also really helpful and knowledgeable about what to look for, etc.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just wanted to thank everyone for their hugs, words of encouragement, and advice. I am continuing to bleed although it has been much lighter since yesterday afternoon. The cramping is gone.

I did get my HCG checked, but of course, i don't have the results yet, and I will have to wait until Monday to get it rechecked.

I am not 100% convinced I have miscarried, but I think I probably have. I am being gentle with myself and just trying to listen to my body.

Thanks again to all of you. What an amazing place to be during a difficult time.

I will let you know when I have more information.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.