Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have the best teeth in the world and have been having some problems with my gums.
When I went for my cleaning a couple weeks ago, the hygienist had to stop halfway through because my gums were bleeding way too much and not stopping. Since then, I have been having other problems, like bruising easily and yesterday i got 3 or 4 nosebleeds (minor)
I have been seeing my doc about some probably-related health problems,and will bring up the bleeding issue with my next visit. I have another appointment with the hygienist on Friday and I am wondering if I should just cancel it until I get all of this figured out. What do you think?

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Sounds like something is affecting your blood coagulation. If it were me I'd leave a message for my doc as to your symptoms and see if he would order a complete blood count to get an idea of your hemaglobin/hematocrit and platelets. He might be willing to just send the order to a lab like Quest if he can't have a m.a. do it in the office. It might be nothing, but if the your symptoms are not resolving it wouldn't hurt to have a quick lab test. you haven't started taking coumadin or any other drug that has affected your bleeding times have you? There is an herb that I took in large amounts for relactation that lengthened my bleeding times and caused easy bruising while I took it - I think it was fenugreek, but I was also on blessed thistle and one other.

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I actually quit the fenugreek/BT/Domperidone thing a couple months ago. Intersting that it would affect blood coagulation.

I got a CBC earlier this week, and my appt next week is just to see what the heck all of these tests showed.

I think i know what's wrong with me, but i should really just wait. I'll bet it's anemia-related somehow. It always it. of course, the issue is trying to convince someone of that when they look at me an assume it's either diabetes or high blood pressuer becfause I'm big. Drives me nuts. (I have beautiful blood sugar levels every time, and my BP is 80/50, rather low)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.