Mothering Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 3 weeks pp. I have not been bleeding or even spotting since Monday. I quit bleeding a bit after a week after dd was born, I spotted for a a few days and then since Monday I haven't had to even wear a pantyliner. Today I started bleeding again. It's bright red and there were a few tiny clots in it. Dd goes anywhere from 4-6 hours between nursing at night and has almost from day one. My midwife told me that I oculd ovulate very soon because of this, but it's too early to be a period, right? Does bleeding just start up again?

·
Registered
823 Posts
My bleeding stopped more than once already and is back again. My mid-wife told me this is normal. I was actually about to write her an email about the latest. I am 6 weeks post partem tommorow and my bleeding is back and I am having to wear at least a liner for it and it is bright red.<br><br>
I know that it does start and stop and that is very normal. I was told clots are okay so long as they are not golf ball sized. I had a pretty big one early on so you are not alone on that either.<br><br>
At three weeks I would expect it to come back after stopping at least a little bit if not alot. 3 weeks doesn't seem like very long seeing as it can take six weeks or more to stop completely.<br><br>
I don't know about the ovulating thing, seems like that is different for everyone. Maybe someone else here knows?

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
This happened to me too -- my bleeding stopped and then started up again -- bright red -- twice. My MW said it was normal too.

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for sharing. It's gone again. Glad to know it's normal. THanks.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
This keeps happening to me also. I've not needed a pad since about 3 weeks, but every few days I'll have blood when I wipe. At my 6w pp visit I was spotting & the mw said my uterus hadn't totally involuted (probably because Cole was big). In fact, I bled again yesterday. It's kinda annoying, LOL.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Is your bleeding accompanied with cramps? This is happening to me on and off bleeding but also crampy feelings, wondering if this is normal?

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">
<div>Originally Posted by <strong>miamommy</strong></div>
<div style="font-style:italic;">Is your bleeding accompanied with cramps? This is happening to me on and off bleeding but also crampy feelings, wondering if this is normal?</div>
</td>
</tr></table></div>
Yes, everytime I would start bleeding again, my afterpains would come back. Especially when breastfeeding.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts