Mothering Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there is nothing as nerve wracking then bleeding, is there?

my first pregnancy i *spotted* a little and just once.

my second pregnancy was awful. i bleed a little, but more then i felt comfortable with so i went into the clinic. i live in a super small, remote town of 300. we had a rotating nurse that told me that (as a fact) i was miscarrying. gave me a bottle to place a sample in. worse. nurse. ever. then nothing else happened. we did two HCG blood tests to see what was up and the second came back almost zero. but still nothing happened, so we did a third and it came back as totally normal for where i was in my pregnancy. they think the second got messed up in the lab. i think at this point i was 6-7 weeks. then i drove 9 hours for an emergency ultrasound and found out i had a wonderful healthy baby swimming around, whom is now 1.5 and i just put to bed about 5 minutes ago. but it was an awful and emotional few weeks.

now to this pregnancy. i spotted on sunday, not more then my normal period, but with cramps/bloating/gas and it was painful. everything was fine again until tonight when i bled again. still not more then my normal period, but close...and no cramping. ah. its just no nerve wracking. it doesn't matter that this is #3 . its still hard. i just want to fast forward to 15 week and be smooth sailing.

how is everyone else feeling?

·
Registered
13 Posts
No bleeding here so far. I hope yours resolves in a positive way :)

So far so good for me, except that I got some labs back today and my thyroid levels are no bueno (I'm radiation-induced hypothyroid). So I'm kinda worried I'm going to make my baby cognitively impaired. BUT the levels weren't like, super far off from acceptable, so I'm working through it. I know it will probably be fine. And I'll just take more thyroid. And if I have a stupid baby, whatever, I'll still love it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No bleeding here so far. I hope yours resolves in a positive way :)

So far so good for me, except that I got some labs back today and my thyroid levels are no bueno (I'm radiation-induced hypothyroid). So I'm kinda worried I'm going to make my baby cognitively impaired. BUT the levels weren't like, super far off from acceptable, so I'm working through it. I know it will probably be fine. And I'll just take more thyroid. And if I have a stupid baby, whatever, I'll still love it.

aw, i have no idea what radiation-induced hypothyroid is...but i'll google. is this your first?

·
Registered
13 Posts
It is my first! I had an overactive thyroid and was terribly allergic to the medicine for it, so they gave me a pill of radioactive iodine to kill my thyroid. It was for the best, but the whole episode suuuucked.

So now I have to take thyroid pills for the rest of my life and if society breaks down and I can't get them anymore, I'll die. :thumb:thumb

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh my goodness! thats insane! well, then, for your sake i hope we have no societal breakdown! and i hope you can find some peace :) will your levels change and maybe get better throughout your pregnancy?

·
Registered
13 Posts
oh my goodness! thats insane! well, then, for your sake i hope we have no societal breakdown! and i hope you can find some peace :) will your levels change and maybe get better throughout your pregnancy?
I'm told women in my situation who are pregnant usually need to increase their thyroid dosage over the course of the pregnancy, but the fetus at least starts to make its own thyroid hormone after the first trimester :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
I had bleeding with my first pregnancy and a bit of spotting with this one. Each time I'm certain of a miscarriage. So nerve wracking! This is the hardest part of pregnancy for me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I haven't had any bleeding but I had really intense cramping a few days ago...it was stressful. I kept running to the bathroom but nothing happened and I seem fine now.

Oh I also am hypothyroid...my thyroid got pretty low when I was pregnant with my son, but they just kept monitoring and adjusting the dose. My boy (he's almost 10 now) is the smartest in his class, I promise. Although he feigns ignorance when asked to help put something away...hrmmm...but anyway I think they key is just getting your levels checked regularly :smile:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts