Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Hi Bobbi. I had one with my second DD. It was a beautiful, moving experience. I officiated one for my girlfriend last year and will be having one with this baby too.

I probably won't have a shower this time since I really have all the "stuff" I need since we are having another girl, but the Blessingway/Mothers Blessing is a wonderful way to celebrate your pregnancy and bring together the amazing energy of a sisterhood.

I have info on mine at http://birthbeads.com/Blessingway.html

Debora

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I would love to have one but sadly I don't think I'd feel comfortable inviting all the people I know.
I live in a very mainstream area and while we do have a few friends who are likeminded there are very few...

I donno I'm going to keep it in mind.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I have a doula friend who does a modified version of this for her clients. It is very special. I would love to have one.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by rainbowfairymomma
I would love to have one but sadly I don't think I'd feel comfortable inviting all the people I know.
I live in a very mainstream area and while we do have a few friends who are likeminded there are very few...

I donno I'm going to keep it in mind.
I felt the EXACT SAME WAY with my last pregnancy!!!! I was just coming into my own and really embracing my "alternative" side so most of my friends/acquantances were VERY mainstream. My Blessingway was a mix of alternative minded women and people I assumed were not at all. On the invite, I had wording that basically read between the lines "if you aren't comfortable with this, don't come" but in a really, REALLY nice way.

I was so surprised by how the more "mainstream" guests really embraced the experience and enjoyed it. They participated whole heartedly and really got into it. Very cool to introduce them to something they may not have otherwise seen.

My SIL loved my Blessingway but didn't feel comfortable having one of her own. Instead, we had a Birth Beads ceremony at her (traditional) baby shower and she and her guests (most who had never even heard of it) loved it. Several have incorporated it into their own showers later.

I think anything to get that positive supportive female energy out there is great.

·
Registered
72 Posts
i will likely be having a blessingway instead of a shower as well. thanks to my highly procreative (is that even a word?) sisters-in-law and other generous mom friends, we are set when it comes to having most of the baby's 'stuff'. while i've never participated in a blessingway, and am generally not comfortable being the 'center of attention' i have told my friends, since they are insisting on having something for me, that a blessingway would be the way to go...so i can draw from their strength, experiences, and support instead of their wallets gifts that we don't really need. i do look forward to this day and am curious as to what aspects i will find most meaningful.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Wow, I love it. I also love the fact that you can adapt it to diff. religions. Thank you, what a great idea.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.