Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed what looks like a rubbing type rash on Hunter's legs. The top part of his thighs/the fold where the diaper touches. This morning it's like a popped blister!!!!!!

I've been putting cream on it every day/all day. I'm thinking it's because he is such an active sleeper and the fitteds rub on him while sleeping. I'm also starting to think it's because the elastic is tighter (sewn in between the hemp layers and not just on one layer, kwim?)
I feel sooooo bad about it although it doesn't seem to bother him.

He had a rash all around his thighs when he wore the PUL diapers but this is different!

Anyone have this happen before? Anyone have a tip of what to put on it? I now have him in a velour lined fitted and VERY loose on him

HELP!!!

·
Registered
485 Posts
When Simone happens to get an irritation from a particular spot where a diaper has rubbed (or if she gets a rash) I will have her spend some 'diaperless' time, as airing out and having nothing next to skin for awhile is always helpful.

Lanolin is a nice comfort barrier while it heals, as well.

Hope he feels better soon.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I second the lanolin/air time combo. That's the same thing we do for irritations and it works like a charm. You also might try some calendula ointment. It heals everything!

·
Registered
5,896 Posts
poor lil' guy and poor mama!

Connor had that once too, can't remember which dipe it was though. I let it air out as much as I could and it went away pretty quickly. I think it bothered me more than him as the case with most things!

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Isn't that the worst feeling? That's what happened to my ds recently too. He had a bump on his thigh because his newborn diapers were too small and a snap had dug in, this was when he was about 3 wks and I stopped even trying to use them then. And felt horrible about it.
That's the worst thing to see on a newborn baby. Geesh, I still feel horrible about it, just remembering.

I hope your little man's leg gets better quick!

·
Registered
283 Posts
I'm sorry he is sore and has a blister. We have gotten it not from sewn through elastic, but super tight elastic or a diaper that has some rub to it. Either too tight or too loose. I just try to pull out and up on the fitteds as I am putting them on to allow extra room in that area.

Nakey time and warm baths are the best.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mellybellyplus2
Could you put him in a plain snappi'd prefold for a day or two (except at night)? That would be a lot less friction without the pee on the carpet
I hope he heals fast!
I have him in loose fitteds or PF's and soakers
I took a picture of it but dont want to share it cause it is BAD!
: I'm thinking about selling these fitteds now cause it will just keep happening and it's totally not worth it

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well... he only sleeps in these fitteds, rarely does he wear them in the day and the rash wasn't near as bad last night. This morning.. OY! It's bleeding now
I put a FB fleece liner over it (cause I don't like ointments and such touching the cloth diapers) and the liner has some blood on it. it looks JUST like your heal does when your shoes rub and give you a blister

And I feel awful!!!!!!!! Common sense would have told me not to keep putting these on him but I didn't really know what was the cause til today

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
I had it happen! I never figured out what it was from but I felt like doo-doo about it. It healed itself and never came back... still don't know. My only guess was that it was from side snappers that were pinching her chub.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheena
I had it happen! I never figured out what it was from but I felt like doo-doo about it. It healed itself and never came back... still don't know. My only guess was that it was from side snappers that were pinching her chub.

So do you still use side snappers?

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Hunter . Don't blame yourself. For a week I kept putting a TB cover on ds and he ended up with the worst almost burn looking area on his thigh.I felt so bad because it took me a whole week to figure out what was causing it.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm feeling better about it, especially now that he has been in PFs and soakers all day (or nekkid.. poor kiddo!)
Now I am just more upset cause those are *MY* favorite diapers.

But I have to realize that not every diaper os going to work for him, I wish they all would

·
Registered
11,719 Posts
Aidan had some "irritation" on his thigh too. Not from UNDER the dipe, but where the top/side part rubbed....and I feel bad because it was....*gasp* a SPOSIE! I was trying to use up the last of the bag at night (waste not, and all that). Poor baby! *sniff*

I second the calendula.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts