Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
6,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ANy ideas on what would cause blisters on my baby's bum? SHe is 1.5 yr and this week developed blisters on her bum and vulva. I have been wiping gently with plain water and slathering lanolin on the blisters, seems to be helping, but what could have caused this? It's kind of weird be cause the skin all around looks fine, except for where the blisters are.
At least she doesn't seem to be in pain. I think the lanolin is protecting her fromt eh sting when she pees.

· Registered
6,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, maybe she is teething, I should look. LOL SHe hasn't really had anything acidy that I know of, she mostly just has breastmilk, and water, but I will ask dh too, thanks for the suggestions.

· Registered
6,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can't really think of anything different...maybe more sweets than normal, but it doesn't look yeastie.
Could it be the diapers? They are not super stinky or anything, but we have been using dish soap in our laundry, because i go through laundry soap so fast, and the dish soap is so much cheaper, and I barely use any...

· Registered
6,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is dawn, not exactly crunchy I know, but I use it for dying yarn, so I figure I would use it for everything instead of having lots of stuff around. I do a cold prewash, a hot wash with a small squirt of dawn, and a hot wash with calgon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.