Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is pretty off-topic, but so many of you have long-term blogs that I thought you might be able to help me. I'm looking for a blogging software that will enable me to write and store the entries in my personal files and upload them to my personal website. I also want to be able to backdate or add archive entries and have them take their proper place in the queue, instead of automatically being tagged with the current date and time and lining-up at the top. I know that iWeb used with an iMac account can do this, but I would rather pay a one-time fee for software than a yearly hosting fee, which is necessary if I want the iWeb blog to accept comments - which I do.<br><br>
Thanks in advance for any help you can give. If this question belongs on a different forum please let me know so I can move it.

·
Registered
7,165 Posts
A lot of bloggers use <a href="http://infinite-sushi.com/software/ecto/" target="_blank">Ecto</a> for writing offline and back-up.<br><br>
Also, my blog is hosted at Blogsome (which used Wordpress software) and I can back-date.

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
Blogger will allow back-dating, and allows you to host on your own server. It may not have all the functionality you're looking for, but it'll allow you do to those things. It's free too.<br><br>
Miranda

·
Registered
198 Posts
i host my site on another server which has wordpress software. This allows for much more customisation possibilites than normal freeby web blog sites.<br><br>
you can back date and do the stuff you mentioned this way also.<br><br>
arun

1 - 6 of 6 Posts