Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently I need a blood draw each pregnancy per the state of Oregon. I am not a happy pregnant person right now. I know exactly what it's going to tell us. I'm slightly but not worrisomly anemic, I don't have syphilis, I don't have hiv, and my blood sugars are fine but not all that great. How, you may ask, do I know this? It's my fourth baby. In five years. I've not significantly changed anything in the interim and neither has my weight. But because of some stupid archane world war two era law, I'm supposed to haul myself and three kids down to the hospital, or, waste perfectly good babysitting budget money on getting my blood drawn. I'm moving. I'm remodeling an entire house. I have not time for this shinanigans when it's going to help me not a tiny whit. Bah humbug!

Good news though, when I asked my midwife what I need done for the ultrasound, she said, check my scar. Because of my history, that's all we really need. Good. I will tell the ultrasound tech that. It should make at least that appointment go faster. :)

·
Registered
225 Posts
I would babysit if you were closer. Except we're hundreds of miles away. But also, my midwife has done blood draws for me. Could yours do that for you?

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:) thanks ladies! I will ask about the midwife doing it, she probably can. I would oops out of it if I didn't love my midwife so much. She'd be in trouble if I had to transfer and she had no records, and she is wonderful I can't risk that. Shes very relaxed about it, just as long as I get it done before baby gets here, it can wait. I'm planning to do both around 30 weeks, after the moving is more settled and the remodel is over. Just very irked that it has to be done at all, when I and my midwife know full well what is up and don't need to be babysat by the state. I wouldn't mind if she even wanted it just for her own peace of mind as my care provider, I can go with that, we were already wanting to do an ultrasound for ourselves. The fact that some bureaucrat gets a say is galling. Maybe I should write a letter to complain to someone. Heck if I wrote one for every baby I'd already be in three letters. Bwhahaha.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts