Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DD is 6 months old, EBF, and has what *I* have diagnosed with food sensitivites. My pediatrician glosses over this when we have our well baby check ups. She's had eczema and tons of baby acne (related to dairy), projectile vomiting (soy), and nightly bad gas (eggs). I have been dairy, soy, nut and egg free for several months and wheat free for several weeks.

Since our last well baby visit 2 months ago, she's had about 10 diapers with blood in them. There are streaks of dark reddish brown blood in the diaper. I really feel like they are food sensitivity related, but I can't seem to identify the cause.

I do eat fish, which I guess can cause reactions. Has anyone else had a baby with blood in the diaper? Does anyone have any suggestions? I read on this board several months ago about a lab that can test for allergies through stool - does anyone have that info?

TIA

· Registered
10,748 Posts
Have you tried keeping a food journal to identify the culprit?

· Registered
3,156 Posts
I see that you're wheat free already... my suggestion is a gluten free diet for awhile to help her gut heal up. Are you using probiotics or CLO or other supplements for her?

And kudos to you for keeping up the fight even though your pedi isn't on board. Bloody diapers suck. BTDT. Ours appeared to be from gluten, but the doctors said it was much more likely to be milk colitis. Either way, its in the past.

Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.