Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
3,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dallin just had a really nasty runny diaper (nice and greenish yellow) it was mostly liquid as it has been for the past week thanks to antibiotics. I have been trying to get him to eat yogurt, but he's had no appetite. I have been nursing him like crazy though. This past diaper had a little bit of red in it which I am pretty sure was blood because he hasn't eaten anything red lately. Should I worry? Do I need to take him in?

· Registered
117 Posts
I think that at the least I would call his ped. How much do you think was in the dipe? If it was just a very small amount, it could be that his rectal lining is irritated from the diaherrea and/or meds. But I think it would warrant a call to the nurse or the doc.

· Registered
2,438 Posts
I'd agree to. Call his doc. Bloody stools are not something to ignore. Hope your litte guy feels better. If you can try to get him to eat some applesuace with a little cinamin in it, it will really help to calm his tummy. Even if you have to add some sugar to make it more appeaing to him.

· Registered
3,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was a very small amount and it was red- almost like 3 little red boogers mixed in with the poop
. The only reason I even noticed it was because I was practically face to face with it while I sprayed it off.

· Registered
3,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sure Stacee- that would be great
Just see what he thinks- if we should take him in or not.
Dallin is acting fine- happy and smilie. The poop is just so slimy and nasty- I'm sure that's what it's from!

· Registered
2,438 Posts
Ok my this is what my dad had to say,He thinks because of the duration of the diareaha it is probally a bacteria infection or fungus. Or it is possibe that he's alergic to something your eating thats getting passed through your breast milk. He said keep him well hydrated try to get him to take some type ectrolyte drink. Keep him on the brat diet, Banna's Rice, Appes, Toast. NO dairy. As long as he's not running a fever and acting normaly (not lethargic) he shoud be fine for the weekend, but he did recomend you have him get in Monday to get checked out. If he starts getting a fever sooner than that.

· Registered
119 Posts
We had that recently too after a long week+ of diarhea and I am pretty sure it was eaither a hemorroid? (less likely) or a small tear in the rectum (most probable). A tear is what is usually caused after that long of diarhea because of all of the irritation to the heiny. Regardless, if it contiues, call the doc when he is back open again.

I am not a doc and don't play one on TV either
but I thought I'd sympathise with you

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.