1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Ok, Ok, I know.</p>
<p>Is 120 over 90 high?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Yesterday I had accupuncture, and she took my blood pressure afterwards. Usually I am on the super duper LOW end of things (as in, I turn my head and almost pass out...) but yesterday when she was all done it was this high....do any of you know if it is something to worry about?</p>
<p>I'm about 41 weeks right now (and the chillin will NOT come out...seemingly...)</p>
<p>In the past week I've definitely gotten puffier sort of EVERYWHERE, but I sort of take that to mean my body has just had enough.</p>
<p>Should I be worried? I'm seeing my MW today, so hoping that gives me a bit of peace...</p>
<p>My husband is freaking because she is late. I think secretly he just wants to have me go to the hospital and get cut open again. (we are planning a HBAC) but I just can't be ok with that option unless it is totally medically nessasary for all involved.</p>
<p>I'm also terrified he is jinxing us with his negative thoughts..</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Sigh. Any thoughts?</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

·
Premium Member
1,823 Posts
<p>I normally have really really low BP too (I set the machine off at the doc's office), but especially towards the end of pregnancy mine does creep up a bit.  I had a reading like that in my last pregnancy and my doc wasn't concerned at all, he just kept monitoring it and would do it both with the machine and manually.  But I think it's a good idea to let your MW know anyways. :)</p>

·
Registered
179 Posts
<p>To the best of my knowledge, that's still a good reading for late pregancy.  Should not get much higher, but still fine.  Your BP will be creeping up towards the end, as MaddyMay already mentioned.  Btw, puffiness also normal (I just checked the stats online: 80% of pregnant women have swelling in fingers, ankles etc), as long as it doesn't get extreme.</p>

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
<p>I think that is a great reading for being late in pregnancy. </p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts