Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok mommas I need your help...is there any hope for my prefold? Joshua had to get stitches on New Years Eve and I used a prefold on the way to the ER. Of course I did not soak it right away (I was a little busy you know) There is no sun here, and it will be raining for days here it seems. What should I do?
I know it doesn't seem like a big deal, but I want to forget about the ER experience and do not want to remember it whenever I see this prefold. It was not fun and the ER is so VERY not AP friendly

So WWYD?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Poor baby, ERs suck.

I have a friend who swears by Oxiclean to get out blood. Her husband had left his uniform (Navy whites) with blood on it in his car for two months in the hot summer and it came out in no time. I think she pretreated it and let it soak for a while then washed as usual.

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mommas.......I almost threw it away but it is one of my favs. It is tye dyed so I do not know about oxiclean but I will try almost anything.
He is alright, I wish I could forget it though. I hate ERs you would think with all the medical stuff we can do in this country they would think of a less terrifing way to give stitches

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
!! oh my goodness, is Joshy ok??

I second oxi-clean, it's been OK on all of my colored diapers so far (including some of your TDD pf's, Shell) when I've *had* to use a bit. And hydrogen peroxide is good, too.

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok I did it, it is soaking in oxiclean I am gonna go out for a bit and I report back later

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys......I just need to wipe my mind of the experience. I doubt he will remember but I will never forget it

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I so could not do that job. Not with little wee ones when they are so scared. The nurses were very sweet. She kept talking to me through the whole thing I would have passed it if it was not for her

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
I used my infant PF's for my post-partum bleeding - they're all stain free. But they got rinsed right away

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.