Mothering Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been spotting after sex. No biggy, I think. But it has been intermittent spotting for three days now and no sex save the first day.

It is never enough to even make it to my underwear. Only visible when I wipe.

My gut reaction is to not freak out. But another part of me wonders if I am being stupid.

Still feel pregnant. No pain. Just very tiny streaks of brown/ pink blood when I wipe.

Anyone else experience this either this or a previous pregnancy.

I would call my midwife but we have an appointment next week so figure unless bleeding actually starts there is nothing really to say about it.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I had spotting like that with my son's pregnancy and it wasn't an issue. Mine was caused by an irritable cervix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
I had spotting like that with my son's pregnancy and it wasn't an issue. Mine was caused by an irritable cervix.

I've never experienced this personally, but have heard of this. That would be my guess.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My appointment is tomorrow. I keep coming back to this thread- irritable cervix sounds wonderful :p

Still finding brown/pink tinged cervical fluid with most wipes after going to the bathroom- but today it has started spotting my underwear. No sex in almost two weeks...

I am hoping midwife puts me at ease or can confirm that now is a good time to freak out... ugh.

I hope we hear a heartbeat. I turned down all dopplers with my daughter but hearing this go around will put me at ease... only problem is my uterus is retroverted so heartbeat is harder to find :/

But it could just be an irritiable cervix... and I'm an active person so... fingers crossed on the irritable cervix!

·
Registered
50 Posts
My appointment is tomorrow. I keep coming back to this thread- irritable cervix sounds wonderful :p

Still finding brown/pink tinged cervical fluid with most wipes after going to the bathroom- but today it has started spotting my underwear. No sex in almost two weeks...

I am hoping midwife puts me at ease or can confirm that now is a good time to freak out... ugh.

I hope we hear a heartbeat. I turned down all dopplers with my daughter but hearing this go around will put me at ease... only problem is my uterus is retroverted so heartbeat is harder to find :/

But it could just be an irritiable cervix... and I'm an active person so... fingers crossed on the irritable cervix!
How is everything? Did you see your midwife yet?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Saw the modwife today. She is marginally concerned because spotting is occuring more frquently and I haven't had sex in a weeks.

So she tried for a heart beat, nothing. But I have a retroverted uterus. We will bump our next appointment for 2 weeks instead of 4 to try again. And she suggested that if I am worried we can run a series of HCG levels.

If I'm really worried ultrasound- but I don't think I'm that worried yet.

I have to lift a lot of weight at work so that will be put on a restriction.

So time will tell.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I hope you can find the heartbeat next time. I also have a retroverted uterus so I understand the trickiness. I will say, my irritable cervix spotting came and went even if I had no sex. Sometimes even just straining for a bowel movement would do it!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And it looks like I'm out.

Bleeding now with period like cramps. Will probably get an u/s to confirm later in the week.

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
And it looks like I'm out.

Bleeding now with period like cramps. Will probably get an u/s to confirm later in the week.
May peace, love, and light be with yiu through this <3

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you, ladies. It was a mossed miscarraige. Baby passed earlier today.

Wishing you all a happy and healthy pregnancy!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Gentle hugs, I'm so sorry <3

1 - 16 of 16 Posts