Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, mamas<br><br>
I just got the results back from some testing and have some questions. My daughter was stillborn at 41 weeks in January. My OB just did some bloodwork, including the thrombophilia panel. Everything came back normal, but for what i've listed below. She is going to talk with a peri about the results and will get back to me. So far, she doesn't have much to say about these.<br><br>
Protein C: 143% (normal range is 70-130%)<br><br>
Antithrombin III: 122 (normal range 80-120)<br><br>
Hematocrit was 46.1 (range: 34-46)<br><br>
HGB 16.1 (11.5-15)<br><br>
Interestingly, it seems that protein c and the antithrombin test are in the opposite direction from what they are looking for. my protein c is excessive as opposed to deficient. and the antithrombin... instead of over-clotting, i'm under-clotting?? am i right in how i'm interpreting this? they're still outside of normal, though. I assume there is a range for a reason, and outside of that is abnormal in some way. any thoughts on what that might mean? and the HCT and HGB are only slightly out of range buy may still be significant. the Dr. is going to talk to a peri. and get back to me, but i wondered if you all had any thoughts.<br>
Also, I don't take iron. So that is not what is throwing off the CBC results. I do cook solely with cast iron, but i've read that shouldn't be enough to be significant.<br><br>
I feel kind of silly asking medical questions in such a forum, but I also know there are some very well-informed women on here, and i'm wondering if your collective experiences and research might shed some light on this.<br><br>
thanks so much! and i send you all big hugs.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Don't have any answers, but I just got 12 vials of blood taken for various tests too. Including a clotting factors work-up. The results should be in in a day or two. I'll be interested in reading what your peri has to say.<br><br>
Thrombophilia was the only thing that was suspected for us.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts