Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>I'll be 39 weeks tomorrow. Yesterday morning I saw a bit of pink tinged mucous when I wiped. This morning I had more and I may have passed the mucous plug or some bloody show in the middle of the night - was quite sleepy. A few websites stated that bloody show is a pretty reliable indication that labor is within a couple of days. What do you ladies think?</p>

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
<p>well, when I lose my mucous plug labour starts in a few hours. But my SIL, she loses her and labour starts within a week. So hopefully for you, that is the case! ELV for you when it starts!</p>

·
Premium Member
5,391 Posts
<p>Both times I lost my mucous plug within a few hours of starting labor. DD1 I remembered it was around dinner time so 6pm, started having time able contractions around 8ish and had the her at 11:59 the next morning. DD2 I was taking a bath around bedtime so 8ish, started having contractions around 530am and had her at 651am.</p>

·
Registered
804 Posts
<p>i think i lost mine a few days before hand.. so yea I'd say it is likley to happen soon</p>

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<p>More bloody show this morning - only in the mornings. Still waiting for something more to happen.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>With my first son, my water broke and I started having bloody show. Labor slowly began shortly after but since I was GBS+ and delivering in a hospital setting, there wasn't a wait and see option. So with pit augmentation, my son was born about 24 hours later.</p>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts