Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, today I went out and picked up a tincture of Blue Cohosh. I was reading in Susun Weed's book, Childbearing Year, about how to initiate labor.

One suggestion was to use the tincture of Blue Cohosh.
So, I'm wondering if anyone has tried this option.

I feel like I need to do something....I had yet another dr. appt yesterday and had a stress test and another ultrasound to make sure he is alright.
They told me if I didn't so this they had to send me to "the big house"
They are freaking out and stressing me out in the process!

Anyways, I hope to try the tincture today........
They (the midwifes) also told me that I could try laxatives, b/c it brings about cramps....so if the BC doesn't work, I'll try the laxative tonight.

Wish me luck, I need some women support.........
Thank you........

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
I did a cohosh tea with my first. I can't say whether or not it worked, as I also had my membranes stripped the day before, and was 10p days over my due date, but I went into labor the day after. Now, I don't know if it was the cohosh, or the fact that I delivered a baby that weighed 10% of my non-pregnant body weight, but it was a rough labor. The dr at the hospital said the contractions "looked like pitocin contractions" (I never told my ob that I had taken the cohosh).
Have you been doing Evening Primrose Oil as well?

Oh, I my first was 10 days "late", this one was 6 days "late"

Oh, also--do you have info on pressure points to induce labor? I was prepared to do everything under the sun to avoid a hospital induction, so let me know if you need ideas :LOL

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't find out about the EPO until last week which I heard was too late. They say you should be taking them 2 weeks before your due date.
I would love any ideas you could give me regarding pressure points, etc...

I'm aiming for a VBAC.....that is the reason I'm nervous, I don't want another C-section if I can help it!!

Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
mamabird32, you are on our due date list with a due date of 6/13. Did that change at all?

Oh, I am so hoping that you go into labor soon and can have the vbac you are wishing for.

No advice but sending you some ~~~~ strong labor surges ~~~~. Good luck, mama

·
Registered
174 Posts
I only started the EPO a few days before I delivered. I went from a fingertip and no effacement on a Tuesday to holding my baby on Sunday evening. Not sure if the EPO did it or the 5W or if she was just ready, but I'd say give the EPO a try.

Thinking of you!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dynamohumm6 and Pepper, I was due on the 13th....and the midwives are only going to let me go until 42 weeks, since I am a VBAC.

I tried the blue cohosh tincture yesterday from 3pm until 9pm....and nothing.

So, I'm just going to relax, do some painting and wait for him to come on his own time.

Thank you for all the wonderful suggestions and positive vibes!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts