Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,<br><br>
I've got a 15 month old and am 17 weeks pregnant. My milk has sadly run out, although DS is still nursing dry. We're waiting desperately for the colostrum to come in. DS is having a hard time getting over his winter cold and I am feeling really terribly guilty about the lack of breastmilk I have for him and his lowered defenses. (He still "nurses" several times a day and would be getting a considerable amount of milk if my supply hadn't dried up with pregnancy). DS has no interest in forumla and we can't get any organic whole milk here. (And we won't have milking goats until spring). I genuinely feel he NEEDS breast milk right now.<br><br>
I hope this is not in violation of any MDC rules, if it is I apologize...<br><br>
I am looking for a breastmilk donor until my colostrum comes in. If there are any mamas in Ontario (specifically - I live in Bruce County, near Kincardine/Walkerton so preferably somewhere within a 3 hour drive) who are healthy and BFing and would share their bounty I would pay for all expenses and compensate. Please PM me if you are interested.<br><br>
Thank you.

·
Registered
11,838 Posts
I'm in Hamilton, but I don't respond to a pump any more. I can start trying again if you don't get any offers.<br><br>
how come you can't get organic whole milk there?

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I'm in Windsor so its probably too far. Can you buy goats milk. My older dd got goats milk at the sitters when she was that age. It was about $8 for three bags, but probably cheaper than having milk shipped. I hope you have luck finding someone local.<br><br>
How many goats do you have? What kind of property size do you have? My dh is a chef and really wants to have goats if we ever move out of the city. Do you make cheese?

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lissa - I should have added "raw" to my milk statement. I always wind up confusing raw with whole. The only stuff we can get is pasteurized and it's only available every so often since we live in the middle of nowhere. I know it sounds like the opposite of what most people would prefer!<br><br>
Also because DS is unable to get over his winter cold and is a mucous factory, we have stopped feeding him dairy (contributes to mucous production) so even with our state of affairs we don't feel the benefits of dairy would outweigh the cons.<br><br>
LeslieSara -<br>
We don't have goats yet. We have 50 acres (16 bush, 30 field, remainder pasture around the house). We'll be buying into a neighbours herd in the spring (if all goes as planned) and we'll be staying under 10. We definitely plan on making our own cheese, god I can taste it already! Sadly there's nobody milking their goats around us right now so I can't get anything fresh. Everyone's dried them off for winter.<br><br>
I really recommend the 'Storey's' guides to any farm animal if you are getting beasts of any kind, including goats, and also Google "Fiasco Farm" - they do a wonderful job at keeping goats, and don't separate the mums from the kids either.<br><br>
Thank you for the posts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts