Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so we were grooving along... but we were in the wrong forum.

Anybody wanna start chattin' it up with me again about how much Bob Marley music makes us happy campers?

I am just LOVIN' Babylon By Bus right now. I am so envious of those of you who mentioned seeing Ziggy on the street...

Someone in the other thread was talking about how Bob was truly a prophet and a positive role model on many grander levels, but they had an issue with Bob and other women (?) and between him and Peter Tosh?

Ooooh! oooh! Fill me in, man!

This tune is great during the peak of my speedwalkin':

Many people will fight you down
When you see Jah light.
Let me tell you that you're not wrong:
Well everything is alright.
Well we're gonna' walk
Through the rows of Creation.
We the generation
Try to fight tribulation in this Exodus!
... good God almighty...
Movement of Jah people!

Beanie

·
Registered
62 Posts
I love Marley. He speaks so sweetly to my soul. I love Reggea in general (lots of Mutabaruka and Buju Banton). My ds (2 yrs) dances to all sorts of music, but Reggea really makes him groove.

Blessings

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by BodhiMom
I love Marley. He speaks so sweetly to my soul. I love Reggea in general (lots of Mutabaruka and Buju Banton). My ds (2 yrs) dances to all sorts of music, but Reggea really makes him groove.

Blessings
My kids love him, too. Especially the baby. He can feel those good vibes!

·
Registered
180 Posts
...singin don't worry about a thing cuz every little things gonna be alright..

i sing this song to my toddler when he starts freaking out about something...."no wan to neep" "no wan the night time now" "no wan to doctor"

he loves it!

·
Registered
994 Posts
We are huge bob fans, (can you tell from my id?). We actually have 4 little birds now, but I can't bear to change it.
Our first dance song at our wedding was "Turn your lights down low".
Baby #3's middle name is Zion.

My husband told me that Bob admitted that women were his vice. He loved the ladies. It makes me feel sad for Rita.

A friend just gave my toddler a "B is for Bob" shirt. It rocks.

·
Banned
1,383 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3 little birds
We are huge bob fans, (can you tell from my sig?). We actually have 4 little birds now, but I can't bear to change it.
Our first dance song at our wedding was "Turn your lights down low".
Baby #3's middle name is Zion.

My husband told me that Bob admitted that women were his vice. He loved the ladies. It makes me feel sad for Rita.

A friend just gave my toddler a "B is for Bob" shirt. It rocks.
ahhh i remeber one little girl wore that at the camp i worked at.

little factoid belive it or not cedella brooker (bobs mom) gives tours of nine mile where hes buried and shes VERY nice.

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
Huge Marley fan here!!! My mom used to play three little birds on the record player when we were little (no, I'm not old, my parents just played records even after c.d's were around!
) and we would all dance around the living room. Is this love is probably one of my favorite songs of all time!
Glad to see this tribe started. I know there's gotta be more ppl on MDC that love him and his music.

·
Registered
54 Posts
We love some Bob in this family...I am a huge reggae lover...it hits my soul like nothing else...when I use to teah in daycare....we would have a dance time where I would play all different types of music..I found a really good reaggae for kids tape...and the kids would go crazy for it..I am prego w/ 1st..wanted to name my baby Zion..DH is not a fan of the name
But our child will be brought up listening to Bob and other great reggae and dub artists...peace

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by kahbo
We love some Bob in this family...I am a huge reggae lover...it hits my soul like nothing else...when I use to teah in daycare....we would have a dance time where I would play all different types of music..I found a really good reaggae for kids tape...and the kids would go crazy for it..I am prego w/ 1st..wanted to name my baby Zion..DH is not a fan of the name
But our child will be brought up listening to Bob and other great reggae and dub artists...peace
I knew some friends named their daughter "Marley" because they felt so connected to Bob.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by MelanieMC
(no, I'm not old, my parents just played records even after c.d's were around!
) and we would all dance around the living room.
I know there's gotta be more ppl on MDC that love him and his music.

Hey now! I'm from the "record era"!

I know, I'm surprised more people haven't chimed in here!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts