Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ds has a pimply rash all over his body. It started with only a couple of bumps as couple of weeks ago, around the same time that his first two bottom teeth started to push through. It's gotten gradually worse, spreading over his body. It doesn't seem itchy, and it's not particularly red, it's mostly his color, just pimply. His teeth poked through about a week ago, but I think he has more on the way. He hasn't run a fever. Did anyone else's little one have this while teething?<br><br>
Also, I'm not sure that it isn't eczema. I don't know much about eczema, but descriptions I've read, it kinda sounds similar to what he has going on right now. I read stress can bring on eczema, and my baby is going through some big changes--we're moving cross country and are on the road right now. We're taking it slow, but it's still a huge change.<br><br>
Any info. would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Hm... could it be an allergic reaction? Maybe food allergy? How old is your baby?<br><br>
Is your baby getting over a cold? Sometimes, with certain viruses, you can get rashes all over the body after they have gone through fever stage.<br><br>
My oldest son has sensitive skin with several allergies. I place him in a bath with baking soda and sea salt when his skin flared up with rashes. It seems to calm down the inflamation.<br><br>
Could it be just heat rashes?<br><br>
If your baby is newborn, it could just be a baby acne.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Hmm...My dd gets something similar to that also. I notice it mostly when there is change of temperature- like after bath or while changing clothes. Do you notice it more then?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Eczema really isn't pimply at all. It's more...red, scaly, sometimes moist, sometimes moist with dry skin on top.<br><br>
Sorry, I'm looking at my eczema right now and trying to describe it! I'm not doing the best job.

·
Registered
501 Posts
This sounds a lot like what my son has going on. He has little pimples over the fronts of his thighs/calves and a few on his arms as well. He's a year old, and this started about 2 months ago. It isn't itchy, doesn't seem to bother him any...we haven't had any allergy issues so far. So I'm interested to read everyone's responses. I don't even know that I would call it a rash, per se. It's just a bunch of tiny pimple-like things. We went to his one-year WBV last week and the dr. just said, "oh, he has some dry skin". It's not dry skin, though....I don't think? Would dry skin give you pimples?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts