Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
6,245 Posts
If it were me, I'd say screw it. You don't need the diploma. They can't deny you the right to call yourself "graduated". You don't take your diploma to college, you take the address of your high school office for transcripts.
them and their "meeting"...

· Registered
6,245 Posts
Kate, *sigh* this isn't the only school that doesn't have anything better to worry about. Let me tell you about some schools just about 30 minutes south of you...

I had a vice principal, let's call him Mr. Butthead, with whom I butted heads constantly. He *hated* my family, because my Dad would stand up for me when it counted. After I graduated, he transferred to another school to be principal.

A couple years after I graduated while I was in college, my parents took in a friend of my brother. They raised him for several years, and he became like a little brother to me and my sister. He left our family in his senior year to live on his own, and attended a different high school... coincidentally, the school that Mr. Butthead now headed up.

Mr. Butthead would not let him walk in graduation because Little Bro couldn't afford to buy a new pair of shoes in the designated color. He struggled *so* hard to get to that point, he had so much to be proud of, he more than any other student in that school deserved to be walking down the aisle... and he couldn't because of a pair of shoes. Unfortunately, he didn't tell us about it until it was too late because he was so embarrassed.

There are so many reasons why I plan to homeschool...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.