Mothering Forum banner

Boo hiss.

430 Views 3 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  xakana
I slipped and fell in water at school, and I am out for a while on worker's comp. I am in pain, because I fell on my hip which already hurt. Anyone ever had a worker's comp claim? DH's mom says I need a lawyer, but I just don't know.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Get a lawyer. I don't know what state you live in = Worker's comp law varies from state to state. The employer's insurance carrier may try to deny your claim since you had preexisting pain, but that shouldn't matter since it has been exacerbated. You have a right to medical care if you are injured on the job. If you don't know any worker's comp lawyers, you can call up your state bar organization for referrals in your area. (I used to do a little worker's comp when I was still practicing law).

Good luck.
Are you saying that they gave you time off but have denied you coverage for medical care?
My DH got screwed out of some of his when his manager didn't follow doctor's orders and thus, they took a chunk away from him for not playing by the rules. I'd get a lawyer.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.