Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
didn't want this question to get lost in my other thread ... can I substitute another yarn for the Noro Kureyon called for in the Booga Bag pattern. I've made one and love the yarn, but it's a bit pricey for me.

I'm assuming any 100% wool yarn would work?

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Yes, any WW 100% wool yarn will work. Any wool that felts good...
I just made another booga bag, as a gift, and I used Plymouth varigated wool...it is rather pretty if I do say so myself...

I have even used a different yarn for the i-cords...so save $$$$....it can be done.

Good luck!!

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
I'm making one using Cascade 220..It's very pretty as well..Any 100% wool yarn will work..

I made two with the Kureyon and I love it but it does get pricey..The bags cost close to $30 if you use Kureyon..The bag I'm making with the Cascade will only be about $12-13 to make!!

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
I made one from Peace Fleece and it turned out very pretty.
It only took *maybe* one and 1/2 to make the bag and extra long straps. So it work out to be maybe $8 or $9.

I also made one with some wool from Mystical Creations and that one also turned out very pretty. The color faded a little and didn't felt completely, but it looks very cool like that that. I think that one worked out to about to be about the same amount of $ as using the Peace Fleece.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.