Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.simply-sage.com/store/

it's the "playful" one.

But I spent all my funds on raffle tickets, luxe baby and Kiwi's...and I ordered a custom WIO from Harlezz because she is a doll.

Oh woe is me. Someone protect this from being purchased until I get back from vacation. I have to save a *little* money to take with me. Hehe.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I agree. Get it...It's gorgeous! I
her stuff.

·
Banned
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok folks. Let's just say I have got to...STOP THE MADNESS.....I have spent 60$ at Loveybums, 100$ at Kiwi Pie, 50$ at Harlez for a custom WIO. 35$ on a minishower. 45$ on an emblished soaker, 100$ on Wonderoos and 50$ on Wonder-fulls inserts, 21$ on a tester from pickle pants. Lottery tickets, direct donations, I have a few things coming also I need to send out to fairy that I cannot say because it will give me away, and I need some fireflies when she stocks. I am not allowed to spend anymore money. My poor husband said he is going to have to open up another ten restaurants to suppost my addiction...I jest, he is being really sweet about all of it. But I have GOT TO STOP. I am a Physo spending addicted like crack diapering Mamma!!!!!

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
Summiebee, this is for your own good. Turn off the computer. Shut it down completely. Turn and walk away. Get yourself into a hot bath with a magazine and kids piled on you. And, then remember your life outside of diaper sites.

(I'm going to go take my own advice now... I know it's not popular, but remember, we don't HAVE to be consumers. I don't NEED another diaper right now any more than my neighbor NEEDS another Coach purse. And, perhaps after all that buying, you really don't NEED it either. Will it matter 20 years from now if you owned a pink soaker? I have to ask myself this sometimes.)

Please, don't flame me. I support Summer in whatever she decides to do. Ultimately the choice is up to her.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spark
Please, don't flame me. I support Summer in whatever she decides to do. Ultimately the choice is up to her.
Good and sensible advice, Claire. I gave myself a good talking to a bit ago and I've really cut down on the spending. I spent a lot of time w/ Anwyn before, but now I spend more time w/ her, and it's been wonderful. I missed the last FluffyMail stocking where I had almost convinced myself that I needed some more NightLights and pretty prints, but I felt great after I knew that I missed it b/c I didn't spend any money. And you know what else? My diapering system is surviving w/out anymore NightLights and pretty prints.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spark
. . . Get yourself into a hot bath with a magazine and kids piled on you. And, then remember your life outside of diaper sites. . .remember, we don't HAVE to be consumers. I don't NEED another diaper right now any more than my neighbor NEEDS another Coach purse. And, perhaps after all that buying, you really don't NEED it either. Will it matter 20 years from now if you owned a pink soaker? I have to ask myself this sometimes. . ..
What great advice! I needed to hear this too. I think I'm going to print this out and put it near my computer to remind me of what is REALLY important when I feel my inner Hyeana starting to take over! You are a wise woman Claire!

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
Yes, yes! All of you hyenas step away from your computers and take a nice little break for yourselfs. hehe

I am in dire need of fitteds and maybe if everyone is relaxing on wine I'll get my chance. :LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts