Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a reminder that the Book It Program started today.
I know many people on here are against it but I'm not and I signed up for it for my 2 dd's and they are excited.
So just a reminder because I forgot about it until just now and printed off some fun papers to help keep track of reading so they can earn the pizza.

Have Fun!!

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Does anyone know about registration in Canada? I could only find info for Americans. I sent off an e-mail to a contact for the Canadian part so I'm hoping I hear back!

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
I was just thinking about this last night!! I didn't know homeschoolers could do it too!

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by zebrabelly View Post
What sorts of goals have you set for your kids? I can't decide what to do for my 5yo reader. I want to challenge her, but not overwhelm her.
Kieran's are very simple - listen to me read to him (he hates sitting and listening) and read 12 books on his own / month. When I say books i'm referring to things of his reading level - Bob books level one & Hooked on Phonics readers. I already have him read about 3 / week so I figured that would fit as a goal.

Aisling

·
Registered
727 Posts
I let my DD(8) set her own goals. She chose to count minutes read. She set her goal of 300 minutes for this month. Some days we add up all the reading she did that day, including for school, and other days she'll specifically sit and read for 20-30 minutes so she can record it. There are days where we don't record anything.

I don't make a big deal about it and support her in reaching her goal. I'd still give her a coupon no matter what.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.