Mothering Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone else posted a link to this book, so I just checked it out from the library.
The UltraMind Solution: Fix Your Broken Brain by Healing Your Body First by Mark Hyman MD
So far so good from my cursory peek. Includes lots of stuff I've read before (dysbiosis, peptides, intolerances, etc), but also newer stuff from the DAN! community, especially about enhancing detoxification and genetic mutations. This book isn't aimed at the ASD community, though, more applying their principles and research to other messed up peeps like us

http://www.amazon.com/UltraMind-Solu...9830415&sr=1-1

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I finished it last night. Pretty good, lots of research in one place. If you have trouble trying to piece together all this stuff, this book is a good guide. There is a companion guide on his website, file is large - 183 pages. Some good sounding recipes in the companion guide, even a 2 week meal and shopping list. He does recommend going gluten and dairy free to everyone for at least his 6-week plan and then reintroducing to check for tolerance. I guess he has another book that covers intolerances more thoroughly. There are lots of checklists, like in The Mood Cure, but covers so much more.

http://www.ultramind.com/files/guide.pdf

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do. I will be buying it and I just ordered a copy for my brother. It is not so dense as reading medical journals, but it is not lacking in info either.

·
Registered
6,476 Posts
I just borrowed it from a friend...

I haven't read it cover to cover, but everything that I've skimmed is great. Well not EVERYthing, but all the detox stuff is totally in line with what I've been reading
and I'm going to go out and buy my own copy for my mom to read

Thanks for the recommendation!

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
I happened upon his site yesterday or the day before when searching methylation and he had an informative article online. He seems knowledgeable (although he seems to be big on dieting books). I just wish listed the book on Amazon.

Pat

·
Premium Member
10,563 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
I happened upon his site yesterday or the day before when searching methylation and he had an informative article online. He seems knowledgeable (although he seems to be big on dieting books). I just wish listed the book on Amazon.

Pat
You wish he listed the book on Amazon?

I have him as a friend on FB.
You could probably message him there and let him know what you want.

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by JacquelineR View Post
You wish he listed the book on Amazon?

I have him as a friend on FB.
You could probably message him there and let him know what you want.

No, I have about 100 books on my Amazon "Wish List". His just got added to my (long) Wish List.

Pat

·
Premium Member
10,563 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
No, I have about 100 books on my Amazon "Wish List". His just got added to my (long) Wish List.

Pat
Oh!! You Wish-listed it!

My lack of sleep is peeking through.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.