Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am finally getting ready to order a couple books on Montessori. Ds is only a year old, so I definitely want "Montessori from the Start." But I would also like to learn more about the approach in general. Has anyone read /liked "Montessori:A Modern Approach" ? What else would be a good read? I wish I could check some books out from a library, but my German is not nearly strong enough and there are no English libraries here.

I also saw "Teaching Montessori in the Home: Pre-School Years: The Pre-School Years: Pre-school Years (Teaching Montessori in the Home)". I would prefer to actually put ds in a Montessori pre-school, but the only one here won't take kids younger than 2 and I don't even know how good that particular school is. Would this book be useful?

·
Premium Member
6,219 Posts
I loved Montessori: The Science Behind the Genius. It both taught me about the method and educated on me picking a good montessori school.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I checked out a very old book from our library called "Montessori on a Limited Budget" a while back, and it was pretty good; also a book called "Montessori Read and Write" (I think they are both out of print though).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.