Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of any attachment parenting / natural childbirth / etc books in Spanish?

·
Premium Member
3,877 Posts
sorry I don't have a response for you.. just interested in the same question! there was a link to an attachment parenting website in spanish in the MDC Espanol forum.. maybe they have some resources there?

·
Registered
8 Posts
what kind of books are you looking for? books that have been translated to spanish:
-spiritual midwifery
-the womanly art of breastfeeding
-the conttinuum concept
-several dr sears book

then there are ssome authors that spanish is there first language, like laura gutman, rosa jove and carlos gonzalez

·
Registered
900 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
i was going to bring up Laura Gutman as well, she has a website with some articles, really good ones.
I have started to read Casilda Rodriganez, not your typical parenting book, but a feminist anthropologist who writes about mothering and birth issues, she's amazing and a lot of laura gutman's ideas come from her. her books are free for downloading
http://www.casildarodriganez.org/

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks so much for all the ideas! You guys are so helpful! I had looked for the Dr. Sears Books in Spanish and couldn't find them. I was especially hoping to find The Baby Book in Spanish. Any ideas where to find that?

I just bought from Amazon, "Opciones Para Un Parto Suave," and it seems excellent.

I'd still love to hear more recommendations, though. Thanks, everybody!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow! You're right! I just ordered it. Thanks! I wonder why they don't have it listed on the Dr. Sears website?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.