Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of some good books to help prepare a 2 year old for his brother coming into the world. I am going to be having a homebirth which he will be attending and I want to prepare him for the baby and for the hard work I will be doing.

Thanks,
Lori

·
Registered
125 Posts
We have a gorgeous book about welcoming the new sibling through a homebirth, but I can't remember the title and it's in my son's room at the moment...let me see if I can remember it and get back to you.

Heidi

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Welcome, With Love is an awesome book about a homebirth from the older sibling's perspective.

As for preparing for the baby's presence, I liked Dr. Sear's What Baby Needs. I also loved a book we got from the library, called Big Brother, Little Brother. It's very sweet. I plan on giving it to my boys for Christmas.

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
*Do You Still Love Me, by C. Middleton

*Little Brown Bear and the Bundle of Joy, by J. Dyer

*On Mother's Lap, by A. Scott

·
Registered
6,294 Posts
"Before You Were Born" by...dang, I can't remember! The baby is born in the hospital, but I always just read it as "the midwife helps, when the baby is born." And the info leading up to the birth is presented very simply and well.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
We have Baby on the Way by Dr. Sears - she loves reading it overandoverandoverandover...I too am planning a homebirth and this book doesn't mention that but it does show a birth center rather than a hospital!
And it says how babies nurse all the time which was a plus since all of the other books I found showed babies with bottles...it's cute...HTH and congrats on the little one on the way!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the posts. I will look at these books to get him prepared for the baby. He already knows why my belly is growing and he kisses it and talks to his brother.

Lori

1 - 10 of 10 Posts