Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
27,777 Posts
Gee, I think the books about the dangers of interventive care were the most helpful for me getting my mind all together and realize that taking responsibility for my own birth was the most important thing I could do for my babies

I loved Birth as an American Rite of Passage by Robbie Davis-Floyd. This is a great anthropological look at birth. I also found The Thinking Woman's Guide, Obstetric Myths vs. Research Realities, Immaculate Deception II to be helpful on my personal path.

Homebirth by Sheila Kitzinger, Choosing Waterbirth by Lakshmi Bertram (sp?) were also good. Spiritual Midwifery is also great for birth stories and confidence boosting. I'm not a huge fan of IMG, but SM is a classic

I'm sure I'm forgetting some really great ones....it's so exciting to be in the information gathering mode. Best wishes with everything!!!

· Registered
6,841 Posts
Ina May's Guide to Childbirth
Prenatal Yoga (and really anything else by Jeannine Parvati Baker
)
Childbirth Without Fear (which really focuses on hospital birth but reading it gives so many good tips for delivering naturally, at home, at a birth center, on your own, where-ever...)

also i personally think reading as many positive birth stories as possible while pregnant is as helpful, if not moreso, as reading homebirth books.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.