Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The NICU gave me a binder full of info directly relating to our hospital as well as a book- http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/067...e=xm2&n=283155

But yesterday I bought the Dr Sears Premature Baby Book & love it so much more. I love all the info on breastfeeding and other AP topics! It really has made me even more determined to keep on pumping for Elora.

Does anyone have any other suggested reading for me?

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Those are the only two preemie books I have. They were both great!

There was one that I saw at the bookstore that looked interesting. It seemed to deal more with the emotional aspects of having a preemie. I have only scanned it so don't know how good it is but, considering it is the only one of its kind that I've found, I thought I'd mention it.
I'll see if I can find it.

·
Premium Member
8,322 Posts
I love Dr Sears and his books. So when Maggie was born I orderd the Premature baby book. It scared the daylights out of me. So much for that!

A patient of DH's found this book and gave it to us. I really enjoyed it and it helped.
Preemies
The essentail Guide for Parents of premature babies

I would be happy to send you my copy. PM your address.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Amys1st
I love Dr Sears and his books. So when Maggie was born I orderd the Premature baby book. It scared the daylights out of me. So much for that!

A patient of DH's found this book and gave it to us. I really enjoyed it and it helped.
Preemies
The essentail Guide for Parents of premature babies

I would be happy to send you my copy. PM your address.
Why did the Dr Sears book scare you?

·
Premium Member
8,322 Posts
Funny you should ask. Dh and I were just talking about it. I think it was a bit out of date for one thing. He needs to update it! Also he had my situation a very slim chance of anything remotely good happening. His book is geared towards more of a 32 weeker and above IMO.

Maybe if I had picked it up when Maggie was further along in her stay it would have been easier but we read it at the beginning and his writings made it sound like MAggie had no chance of anything good happening to her which is the furthest from the truth.

·
Premium Member
8,322 Posts
Also for siblings:

"No bigger than my teddy bear"
great for 6 yrs and under

My baby sister is a preemie
this book is good for a school aged child. My 4 yr old it was not appriopt

I bought off of amazon. I also donated a bunch to the nicu waiting room.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.