Mothering Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Boppy Believer

review by cathlin

I think I was home and nursing my ravenous newborn for three days before I called the local baby store and asked if they had any Boppy pillows in stock. I was already in the car when I called, willing to drive halfway across the state if necessary. Boppy relieved a desperate nursing situation - I was exhausted, and baby liked to nurse for an hour every two hours. Frankly, I used the pillow long after strictly necessary, we just got so used to our comfy support! It became such a part of our routine that when she could move about she would grab the Boppy and bring it over, signing "milk please"!

In addition to helping make nursing comfortable, I used it for tummy time so that baby could be propped up a bit, and later put it behind her while she learned to sit.

Early on I struggled to get the support just right. Because it would droop on the ends I found myself often propping up the sides with additional pillows. I was in pretty rough shape postpartum, so this may have been unique to my situation.

The slip-cover made it easy to clean, and even after 9 months of dedicated use it's in a good shape - ready for the next baby!

ProsCons
Convenient, Newborn Multi-tasker, Relief for tired mamasSupport isn't perfect

Ratings
Value5
Performance4
Overall4

·
Registered
5 Posts
Great for newborns and long nursers

review by earobb

A must have for first time moms. Great for newborns and babies who nurse for long periods of time. Allows you to nurse one-handed, but is best with a small pillow behind you because with a couch or large chair or bed pillow the boppy can't pull up close enough to wrap around all the way. Also great for baby when they're learning to sit up and need something soft to land on when they fall over.

ProsCons
lightweight, washable cover, multi-use, can nurse one-handedflat surface doesn't allow for baby to be angled nursing

Ratings
Value5
Performance4
Overall4

·
Registered
26 Posts
comfy and supportive

review by matope

I really loved having a boppy around (I had it on loan, I wish we had bought one... probably will for the next) My son was a big baby and it really helped reduce back pain from leaning over. If you dont have a ton of space just keep it on your bed. and it really is multipurpose, I used to find my husband using it as a neck pillow!

ProsCons
comfortable, supportive, multipurposebulky

Ratings
Value0
Performance0
Overall4

·
Registered
193 Posts
Love it but you have to hold it different with a newborn

review by ashleyb87

I've had my Boppy for 5 years. I've used it with 2 kids. A lot of regular pillows will flatten with use and this one only did a tiny bit. The slipcovers still have a little bit of a struggle zipping up because the pillow is so full. The only downside is that you almost need to place a pillow under it with a newborn to lift it up enough so you aren't hunching over and that the pillow itself isn't waterproof. I'll be ordering a waterproof slipcover to use with baby #3. A nursing pillow is a must and I really love my Boppy!

ProsCons
Great for infant-toddler, Easy to lay on the arm of a couch, easy to washDoesn't lift a newborn enough

Ratings
Value5
Performance5
Overall4

·
Administrator
3,994 Posts
Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover

Description:
The Boppy pillow provides versatile comfort for your little one. Baby can relax in it like a nest and, when it's seated in Mommy's lap, the pillow provides the ideal position for nursing. The unique shape also makes it a great training tool for crawling and sitting up. No wonder it was voted America's favorite baby product a record six times! Machine Wash Made in China, Finished in the USA

Details:
DetailValue
BindingBaby Product
FeatureMade in China, Finished in the USA
LabelThe Boppy Company
ManufacturerThe Boppy Company
Product GroupBaby Product
Product Type NameBABY_PRODUCT
PublisherThe Boppy Company
StudioThe Boppy Company
TitleBoppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover
BrandBoppy
MPN2200236KSC

Attachments

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.